Thursday, July 30, 2015

Vintage Christmas in July! AND #Cards4Love




Here is my first Christmas Card for 2015!  The next couple of weeks I will be concentrating on Christmas and Thank You Cards for #Cards4Love event!  You can get more information about this wonderful card drive/challenge/*contest HERE.  I'm not sure this particular card will go, but I will be making some cards to go in that direction!  

Life is Good when we share a bit of ourselves with those in need of cheer!  This card drive is for our military and St. Jude's Children's Hospital. 

I started with a piece of CTMH Colonial White Cardstock and stenciled with the Craftwell eBrush.  I used a Prima Stencil and a Spectrum Noir TB8 marker.

I then rubbed over the CS with CTMH Sky ink.  I sprayed a few spots with homemade spray (CTMH Chocolate re-inker, CTMH Create a Shade Paint, and rubbing alcohol) and finished off the edges with Prima Color Bloom Tea Stain.

The flourish is CTMH Small Black Sparkles Flourishes.  The sentiment tag is heat embossed from the  CTMH stamp set Yuletide Carol Scrapbooking Workshop.  I used Bamboo Pigment Ink and embossing powder for the Merry Christmas.  For the outside of the tag, I used Star Spangled Blue (an older retired color) and Outdoor Denim.

My twine is from Darice and the flower is from Kaiser Craft and sprayed with Prima Color Bloom Tea Stain and glittered a bit!

If you would like to donate some cards, please check out #Cards4Love for all the details!  Oh, and it is my understanding this is a *contest.  That means one lucky crafter will win a great prize.  So.... you might want to check that out!

I'm also sending this off to the following challenges:

Heart 2 Heart:  Life is Good  and use CTMH  Because life is good when we share!  
613 Avenue Create:  Anything Goes with optional Shabby Chic
ABC Christmas Challenge:  O is for Off the Edge  My flourish goes off the edges
Christmas Card Challenges:  Anything Goes
Path of Positivity:  Sharing ~  Sharing the #Cards4Love event with everyone!  

8 comments:

  1. Love the back ground and the tags . Thanks for sharing with Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card! Glad you played along at Heart 2 Heart!

    H2H Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture you included to make this beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    H2H Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and I love how you used so many techniques to create the background. I was interested to see that you used the Craftwell E Brush, which I have been considering getting!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so perfect for our SHARING theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Such a fun and original card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got so busy... that I forgot to stop by to say HI!!!! :) Your Card is so Pretty Katrina! LOVE all the inking and that pretty flower... nice touch! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete